Reflections on 100 years of experimental social psychology /Series: Basic behavioral science Published by : Basic Books, (New York :) Physical details: xiii, 245 p. : ill. ; 24 cm. ISBN:9780813390864. Year: 1999
|Item type||Current location||Collection||Call number||Copy number||Status||Date due||Barcode|
|Books||EFFAT UNIVERSITY LIBRARY General Collection||Non-fiction||HM251 .R44 1999 (Browse shelf)||c. 1||Available||a31111000038323|
Collected contributions of a conference held in the Spring of 1997 at Yosemite National Park.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
1. A Personal Perspective on the Development of Social Psychology in the Twentieth Century / Morton Deutsch --
2. Fifty Years in Social Psychology: Some Reflections on the Individual-Group Problem / Harold H. Kelley --
3. A Social Psychologist Examines His Past and Looks to the Future / Harold B. Gerard --
4. Adventures in Experimental Social Psychology: Roots, Branches, and Sticky New Leaves / Elliot Aronson --
5. Reflections on Interpersonal Influence and Social Power in Experimental Social Psychology / Bertram H. Raven --
6. Experimental Social Psychology: Behaviorism with Minds and Matters / Philip G. Zimbardo --
7. On the Changes in U.S. Social Psychology: Some Speculations / Leonard Berkowitz --
8. Historical Sketches and Critical Commentary About Social Psychology in the Golden Age / Albert Pepitone --
9. One Hundred Years of Rationality Assumptions in Social Psychology / Robert B. Zajonc --
10. Afterword: Reflecting on Reflections / Robert V. Levine and Aroldo Rodrigues.
"In the Spring of 1997, a remarkable group of social psychologists came together at Yosemite National Park to reflect upon the field which they have been so instrumental in creating. This edited collection brings together the reflections of the nine scholars who spoke at the Yosemite conference that day and marks the 100th anniversary of Tripplet's seminal study of bicycle racers - an experiment which has often been cited as the beginning of modern experimental social psychology."--Jacket.